Recipe by Latchy
This is based on a Jamie Oliver recipe, had it the other day, really great. This will serve 4 as a starter, but we finished this off between 2 people as a main.
- 4 large roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1 pinch dried oregano or 1 pinch italian seasoning
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 (400 g) can cannellini beans or 1 (400 g) can flageolet beans, drained
- 4 -6 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 -2 small dried chili, crumbled
- extra virgin olive oil
- 16 scallops (trimmed with either roe on or off)
- peppery rocket or watercress leaf, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 240d Celsius. Season the tomatoes and sprinkle with the oregano or Italian spices.
- Drizzle with olive oil and roast in the oven skin side down for about 10-15 minutes.
- Place the prosciutto slices beside the tomatoes and continue to roast for a further 10 minutes until the tomatoes are juicy and the prosciutto is crispy.
- In a pan fry the garlic, chillies and anchovies in 1 dessert spoon of olive oil for a minute or 2.
- Add your beans and cook for a couple of minutes before adding a wine glass of water.
- Bring to the boil, then lightly mash to a course puree.
- Loosen the puree with a little more water if need be.
- Finish the flavour off with some peppery extra virgin olive oil, salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Season the scallops then sear them on a very hot grill pan that has been rubbed liberally with olive oil for 2 minutes without touching them.
- Check and continue to fry until they have a nice sweet caramelized skin--turn over and cook the other side the same.
- Don't overcook them.
- Remove to a bowl and coat with a mixture of olive oil and lemon juice.
- Put some smashed bean puree on each plate, scatter over the tomatoes, prosciutto and scallop and finish off with the rocket.