Seared Scallops With Pumpkin Soup
- Combine pumpkin, honey, butter, and broth in a medium saucepan and heat on low until completely warmed. Season with salt and pepper; keep warm.
- Preheat a cast iron skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Pat scallops dry with a paper towel and season them with salt and pepper.
- Add the oil to the pan, then scallops.
- Cook scallops 2-3 minutes per side or until they are firm, brown, and carmelized.
- Pour soup into a wide-rimmed bowl.
- Add scallops, hazelnuts, and chives.