1/1 Photo of Seared Scallops With Herb Butter Sauce
Scallops seared perfectly with smooth, herbed pan sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb dry large scallop (rinse under cold water and pat dry with paper towels)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 6 pieces
- 2 tablespoons finely diced shallots (1 medium shallot)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/8 cup finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/8 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemon wedges, for serving
- 1Heat 12" nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- 2Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and heat until quite hot.
- 3Pat scallops dry one more time and put them in the pan in a single, uncrowded layer.
- 4Season with salt and pepper and let sear undisturbed until one side is browned and crisp, 2-4 minutes.
- 5Using tongs, turn the scallops and sear until the second side is well browned and the scallops are almost firm to the touch, 2-4 minutes.
- 6Take the pan off the heat, transfer the scallops to a plate, and set them in a warm spot.
- 7Let the pan cool for a minutes before you make the sauce.
- 8When pan has cooled somewhat, return it to medium heat.
- 9Add a piece of the butter and the shallots and saute until shallots begin to soften, about 1 minutes.
- 10Add wine and simmer until reduced by half, another 1-2 minutes.
- 11Add the herbs and lemon zest.
- 12Reduce heat to low, add the remaining butter, and whisk constantly until the butter melts into the sauce.
- 13Return the scallops and any accumulated juices to the pan.
- 14Gently roll the scallops in the sauce to warm them through.
- 15Taste for salt and pepper and serve immediately with lemon wedges on the side to squeeze over the scallops.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seared Scallops With Herb Butter Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 464.1
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 100.1 mg
- Sodium 896.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 28.0 g