Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Cooking Light August 2008. The key to obtaining the perfect sear on the scallops is to cook them in a very hot pan.
- 1 (9 ounce) package fresh linguine
- 6 tablespoons romano cheese, freshly grated and divided (about 1 1/2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sea scallops
- 4 lemon wedges
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain pasta in a colander over a bowl, reserving 2 tablespoons pasta water. Combined pasta, reserved pasta water, 1/4 cup cheese, 1 tablespoon oil, chopped basil, and pepper in a large bowl; toss well.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large cast-iron skillet over high heat. Sprinkle salt evenly over scallops; add scallops to pan. Cook 1 minute on each side or until golden.
- Place 1 cup pasta mixture on each of 4 plates; top each serving with about 3 scallops and 1 1/2 teaspoons remaining cheese. Serve with lemon wedges.