Seared Scallops With Fennel
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat; pat scallops dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook scallops on one side until browned, 2 to 3 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- Add fennel and onion and season with salt and pepper; cook until tender, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in clam juice, wine, and tomatoes and cook until enough liquid evaporates to slightly thicken, 6 to 8 minutes more.
- Return scallops, browned side up, and cook through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rub baguette slices with garlic and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Sprinkle scallops with reserved fennel fronds and serve with baguette slices.