Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
If you enjoy seafood that's rich and delicious, this is undoubtedly one of the finest dishes on offer. I think Queen scallops work best in this dish.
- 2 heads chicory lettuce
- 12 scallops, shelled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon walnut oil
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 100 g Roquefort cheese, crumbled into 1 cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Break open the chivory and place 3 leaves on each of 4 plates.
- Brush the scallops with a little of the olive oil.
- Cook in a hot, non-stick frying pan for 1 minute on each side until golden.
- Place a scallop on each leaf.
- Whisk together the remaining olive oil, walnut oil, lime juice and some salt and pepper.
- Top each leave with a cube or two of roquefort and a scattering of chives, then drizzle over the dressing and serve with the scallops are still just warm.