Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from Cooking Light magazine and I am posting it so that I can keep it in one of my cookbooks rather than lose the recipe after I've torn it out of the magazine! This is soooo fantastic! Easy to make if you are in a hurry and fancy enough to serve to company.
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 scallops, 10-20 count size
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a saucepan; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 6 minutes or until potato is tender. Remove from heat. Let stand, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add oil, swirl to coat. Pat scallops dry with paper towels; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Add scallops to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side.
- Pour cauliflower mixture in a blender. Add 1/2 t salt, butter and cayenne. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth.
- Serve scallops over puree.