Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I know this sounds a little different but it is really good. Plus it is a gourmet without all the work. From Food & Wine magazine
- 4 cups cauliflower, cut into small florets approx. 1/2 head
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra virgin
- 12 large scallops, approx 1 1/2 pounds, side muscle removed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons small capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Add caulifolower and boil over high heat until just tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Drain, shaking off excess water.
- In a large skillet, heat oil until simmering.
- Season scallops with salt and pepper. Add to skillet in a single layer and cook over high heat until golden and crusty, about 2 minutes.
- Turn the scallops.
- Add the butter, cauliflower, almonds, capers, and raisins and cook undistributed until the scallops are white throughout and cauliflower is lightly browned in spots, about1 minute longer.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and stir gently to coat.
- Transfer to plates, garnish with parsley and serve.