- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large leek, white and pale green parts only, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced crosswise and rinsed well
- 1 lb green cabbage, halved lengthwise, cored and thinly sliced corsswise (about 1/2 a medium head)
- 1⁄3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- coarse salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 12 large sea scallops, tough side muscles removed (about 1 pound)
- sliced lemon (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 4 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick frypan over medium high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add leek, cook until soft, 1 to 2 minutes; Stir in cabbage, and add stock.
- Cook stirring occasionally, until cabbage is slightly soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt and season with fresh ground pepper; set aside.
- Sprinkle scallops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and season with freshly ground pepper. Heat remaining 2 1/2 teaspoons oil in another large nonstick frypan, over medium high heat until hot but not smoking. Add scallops, cook, turning once , until dark golden, about 4 minutes per side.
- Divide cabbage mixture between four plates and top each serving with 3 scallops, garnish with lemon slices.