1/1 Photo of Seared Scallops with Asian Lime-chile Sauce
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 small hot chili pepper, chopped (2 1/2 inches long preferably red)
- 2 1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons asian fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 16 medium sea scallops (1 lb)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 bamboo skewers (8-inch)
- 1Soak skewers in water 30 minutes.
- 2Pound garlic, chile, and sugar to a fine paste with a mortar and pestle.
- 3Stir paste together with vinegar, fish sauce, water, and lime juice.
- 4(Alternatively, purée sauce ingredients together in a blender.) Pat scallops dry.
- 5Thread 4 on each skewer then brush both sides with oil (2 teaspoons total for 4 skewers).
- 6Season scallops with salt and pepper.
- 7Brush a 12-inch nonstick skillet with remaining teaspoon oil and heat over high heat until hot but not smoking.
- 8Sear scallops, turning over once, until just cooked through, about 6 minutes total.
- 9Serve scallops with sauce spooned over.
- 10Cooks' note: Sauce may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.
- 11Bring to room temperature before serving.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seared Scallops with Asian Lime-chile Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.9
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 11.8 mg
- Sodium 753.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seasoned rice vinegar