1/2 Photos of Seared Scallops or Shrimp With Orzo Risotto
A rich and gourmet dish without needing a gourmet chef! A delicious recipe from Best of Bridge that makes about 16 scallops or shrimp. This risotto is made with orzo, a small rice-shaped pasta. Serve with asparagus for a complete meal. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 2/3 cups orzo pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup mushroom, diced
- 1/3 cup onion, diced
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomato, diced
- 1/3 cup red pepper, diced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 lb large scallops (from Nova Scotia if you can) or 3/4 lb large shrimp
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1Cook orzo according to package directions and set aside.
- 2In large heavy pot, heat oil and saute mushrooms, onion, sun-dried tomatoes and red pepper until soft.
- 3Add stock and bring to a boil.
- 4Stir in orzo, parmesan and parsley. Add cream and simmer gently, stirring frequently, until mixture is creamy but not runny, about 20 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, heat oil in very hot pan. Season scallops or shrimp with salt and pepper. For scallops: sear until brown on outside but opaque in the middle. For shrimp: sear until just pink and cooked through.
- 6Sprinkle parmesan cheese over risotto and top with scallops or shrimp.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seared Scallops or Shrimp With Orzo Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 632.9
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.7 mg
- Sodium 808.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 29.3 g