Prep 2 mins
Cook 6 mins
This one is for Bobbie #3. A fave at our house as we are big on seafood of any kind. It comes from "Cooking with three ingredients" by Andrew Schloss. My kind of recipe!!!!!
- Season the scallops lightly with pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until foamy.
- Add the scallops to the hot butter and cook, turning, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Add the capers and cook about 30 seconds.
- Swirl in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and remove from heat.
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Serve the scallops sauced with the caper butter.
- Lemon wedges make a delicious garnish if you have them.
I feel very honored that Chachi posted this recipe especially for me! Sometimes "simple" is THE best. This was perfect. There was nothing in the recipe to destract from the taste of the sweet scallops I used. The next time I find some really large prawns, I think I'll prepare them the same way. Thank you for sharing your recipe.