Seared Scallops, Carrot Fritters and Yoghurt Dressing
- To make the carrot fritters, preheat the oven to 160degC (315degF); place the flour, soda water, egg, cumin, coriander, turmeric and salt in a bowl and mix well, add the chilli, carrot, spring onion and coriander and stir to combine.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium to high heat, add the oil and heat until hot.
- Cooking in batches, add two tablespoons of batter per fritter and cook for two minutes on each side, or until golden brown; drain on paper towels, cook the remaining fritter batter, adding extra oil if necessary.
- Place the fritters on an ovenproof plate lined with paper towels and keep warm in the oven while you cook the scallops.
- For the scallops, place the scallops in a bowl, add the olive oil, season with salt and pepper and stir to combine; heat a nonstick frying pan over a medium to high heat and cook the scallops for no more than one minute on each side.
- For the yoghurt dressing, place all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place three carrot fritters on each plate, top with the watercress and scallops and drizzle with the yoghurt dressing; season with pepper and serve.