Recipe by Dreamgoddess
If it's hot and you don't feel like slaving over a hot stove, this is a super fast and easy salad to serve. If you don't like scallops, you can substitute shrimp, swordfish or tuna steak in this salad.
Top Review by Peter J
Beautiful blend of flavours! Apart from the scallops and cajun being very good together I loved the slight crispness of the carrot with the spinach. The balsamic topped it all off nicely as well.
- 1 lb fresh sea scallop
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons blackened steak seasoning or 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 (10 ounce) packageprewashed baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 cup julienne carrot
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the scallops and pat them dry.
- Mix the flour and seasoning of your choice in a plastic bag; add the scallops and toss to coat.
- Heat the oil in a skillet to medium heat.
- Sear the scallops until browned and opaque, about 5 minutes, turning once.
- Remove the scallops from the skillet and keep them warm.
- Add the spinach and carrots to the skillet; sprinkle with water.
- Cover the skillet and cook on medium-high until the spinach starts to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and toss to coat evenly.
- Spoon the spinach and carrots onto four plates and top with the seared scallops.