Seared Scallops and Shrimp
- Prepare the sauce first by heating the olive oil in the pan. Add minced garlic, vanilla and cream, let it come to a simmer.
- Add whiskey in and cook the sauce until it is reduced slightly. Toss in the chopped fresh parsley after the sauce is ready. Set the sauce aside and tend to the scallops or shrimp.
- Brush both sides of the scallops or shrimp with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and let sit for 10 minutes. In a heavy skillet, heat the remaining olive oil on medium high until hot, but not smoking.
- Pan-sear the scallops for 1-2 minutes on each side. The sides on the scallops must be slightly browned each time. For cooking the shrimp, sear until just pink and cooked through.
- Can be served over Recipe #282834 or rice with the Vanilla Whiskey sauce spooned over.