Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Excellent salmon!! from Dr. Andrew Weil and Rosie Daley."The Healthy Kitchen"
- 6 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 slices oranges
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sear the fish filets in the sesame oil in a large, very hot frypan for 1 minute on each side.
- You should hear the fish sizzle.
- Remove filets from the heat and transfer them to a glass baking dish or baking pan.
- Drizzle the soy sauce and the wine over them and bake them for 10 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven.
- Meanwhile, heat the orange juice, zest, sherry and ginger together in a small saucepan over medium high heat until reduced by half.
- Add the orange slices and stir once or twice, until the sauce becomes thick.
- Remove from heat, drizzle the sauce over the fish and serve.
Very easy and tasty too. The sesame oil gave the fillets that lovely nutty flavour. The sauce didnt get thick but that was ok, the orange and ginger worked well with the salmon. Thanks for posting.