Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 1 lb new potato, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- olive oil (for sprinkling)
Vegetables and Salmon
- 1 cup shelled fresh peas, blanched for 1 minute
- 1 cup asparagus spear, 2 inch cuts,blanched for 2 minutes
- 1⁄2 cup roughly chopped swiss chard, blanched for 2 minutes
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced leek, white part only,blanched for 2 minutes
- 1⁄2 cup shelled fresh fava beans, blanched for 2 minutes and peeled
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup dry white breadcrumb, toasted until golden
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless salmon fillets (skin intact)
- extra olive oil (for the fish)
- chopped parsley (for garnish)
- Set the oven at 375 degrees.
- Have on hand a 10-inch shallow baking dish.
- Potatoes: Toss the potatoes with enough olive oil to coat them and spread them in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Drain on paper towels and keep warm; leave the oven on.
- Vegetables: In a bowl combine the peas, asparagus, swiss chard, leeks, fava beans, mint, basil, cream, half the lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss well and transfer to the baking dish.
- Combine the bread crumbs, garlic, shallots, 2 tablespoons of oil and salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the crumbs onto the vegetables.
- Transfer the dish to the hot oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cream is bubbling at the edges.
- Sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add several tablespoons oil and heat until hot.
- Sear the salmon boned side down until golden brown.
- Turn and cook the other side until golden and the fish is cooked through.
- Arrange the fish on the vegetables.
- Squeeze the remaining lemon juice over it.
- Garnish with crispy potatoes.
- Scatter the parsley over the rim of the dinner plates and serve at once.
This was very delicious. I had all the ingredients on hand except the fava beans so I left those out. I made this on a weeknight and it was little time consuming a few more dirty dishes than I prefer but worth it in the end. My one gripe with the recipe is when you add the lemon juice to the vegetables and cream, it curdles. Tasted great but not so pretty.