Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got the recipe out of a cooking magazine.
Make and share this Seared Salmon With Citrus-Soy Glaze recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 4 cups packed thinly sliced fresh spinach
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into matchstick strips
- 1 carrot, cut into match-size strips
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar (found in any Asian Market)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oriental sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 6 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Toss fist four ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk next four ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon canola oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper and then add to pan.
- Cook until brown on one side which takes about 4 minutes.
- Turn and cook until opaque in the center, about 2 minutes longer.
- Transfer salmon to plate; tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add ginger and garlic to same skillet and sauté for one minute over medium high heat.
- Add orange juice, lime juice and remaining soy sauce and broil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk vinaigrette and add to vegetable to coat equally.
- Divide vegetables equally among plates.
- Place salmon on top of vegetables and drizzle over salmon and serve.