Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My husband found this recipe somewhere online a while ago and it has become my absolute favorite salmon dish. Tip: salmon should be no thicker than 1"and sliced into 2” wide pieces. Pepper measurements are approximate.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Dust salmon with freshly ground pepper, flesh side up.
- Heat oil in the pan on high heat until oil gets a little smoky.
- Starting with pepper-side down, sear 3 minutes each side.
- Remove salmon from pan and reduce heat to medium.
- Immediately place balsamic vinegar in pan, where it will reduce quickly.
- Add Dijon and mix until well blended.
- Starting with pepper-side down, place salmon into glaze, coating both sides completely and turn fire off.
This is amazing! I served it with fresh grilled asparagus. Will try this with chicken next. It tasted so good for such a short preparation and cooking time.