I saw this on Sara's Secrets and couldn't wait to try it! The sauce brings out the sweetness in the fish. Enjoy!
- Stir together balsamic vinegar, water, lemon juice, and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Pat salmon dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium high heat, not smoking. Increase heat to high, add salmon skin side up, and sear until well browned, about 4 minutes.
- Turn fish over and sear until just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Transfer salmon to plates and carefully add vinegar mixture to skillet (liquid will bubble vigorously and steam).
- Simmer, stirring, until thickened and reduced to about 1/3 cup, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon glaze over salmon.
- Serve and enjoy!