Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Source: Better Homes and Gardens
Make and share this Seared Salmon Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (4 ounce) skinless salmon fillet, 3/4 inch thick (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cups torn mixed greens
- 1⁄4 cup matchstick sized strips jicama
- 1⁄4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1⁄4 cup bottled original-style buttermilk ranch salad dressing
- Thaw fish if frozen.
- Rinse fish; pat dry.
- Sprinkle fish lightly with salt, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of the ground cumin.
- In a medium nonstick skillet heat olive or cooking oil over medium high heat; add fish.
- Cook fish on one side for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden.
- Turn carefully.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes more or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, divide greens, jicama and olives among 2 salad plates.
- Set aside.
- To serve place 1 fish fillet atop greens on each plate.
- Combine salad dressing and remaining cumin; drizzle atop salmon.
yummy! Seared salmon is fantastic. I put mine on top of a bag of baby spinach & served with steamed green beans. A yummy south beach friendly meal we really enjoyed!