1/5 Photos of Seared Salmon on Potato Cake, Wilted Spinach W/ Dijon Sauce
Vicki in CT's Note:
Simple one skillet meal but beautiful and tasty. The Zaar powers that be made me include the ingredients for the potato pancake recipe I used. Please refer to the chef's recipe for directions or use your own potato cake recipe. Keep in mind the nutritional info will be incorrect for this reason, i.e. only used half the ingredients for the potato cakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
2 Potato Cakes (I used recipe 11989 making separate cakes and only half of recipe)
- 4 cups coarsley grated potatoes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup self raising flour
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 6 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1Combine sauce ingredients, whisk and set aside.
- 2Prepare potato cakes in heavy large skillet using a scant amount of olive oil. Set aside and keep warm.
- 3Season both sides of salmon fillets. Using same skillet drizzle olive oil. Sear fillets until just done, about 1-2 minutes per side. Remove and keep warm.
- 4Using same skillet drizzle a scant amount of oil if needed. Cook spinach just until wilted, about a minute or two. Drizzle with vinegar and season with salt.
- 5To serve drizzle sauce on plate, place spinach, then potato cake, then salmon.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seared Salmon on Potato Cake, Wilted Spinach W/ Dijon Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (690 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 870.7
- Calories from Fat 343
- Total Fat 38.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 286.0 mg
- Sodium 644.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 53.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: