Prep 4 mins
Cook 20 mins
Simple one skillet meal but beautiful and tasty. The Zaar powers that be made me include the ingredients for the potato pancake recipe I used. Please refer to the chef's recipe for directions or use your own potato cake recipe. Keep in mind the nutritional info will be incorrect for this reason, i.e. only used half the ingredients for the potato cakes.
- 12 ounces salmon fillets
- 1 -2 teaspoon blackening seasoning, mix (I use Paul Prudhomme)
- olive oil
2 Potato Cakes (I used recipe 11989 making separate cakes and only half of recipe)
- 4 cups coarsley grated potatoes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup self raising flour
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 6 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 3 -4 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- olive oil
- 1 dash red wine vinegar
- Combine sauce ingredients, whisk and set aside.
- Prepare potato cakes in heavy large skillet using a scant amount of olive oil. Set aside and keep warm.
- Season both sides of salmon fillets. Using same skillet drizzle olive oil. Sear fillets until just done, about 1-2 minutes per side. Remove and keep warm.
- Using same skillet drizzle a scant amount of oil if needed. Cook spinach just until wilted, about a minute or two. Drizzle with vinegar and season with salt.
- To serve drizzle sauce on plate, place spinach, then potato cake, then salmon.
This is really delicious!!! I love the salmon with the Dijon Sauce and I love the use of the blackening seasoning on the salmon. I made this as stated with the potato cake and spinach and it was wonderful. I could of done with cooking the potato cake a little more, but could tell from the taste that they were really good and it was just my fault for not cooking longer. I will be making this one again for sure. A great meal and truly company worthy with hardly any effort.