1/2 Photos of Seared Salmon on Herbed Mashed Peas
Delicious and different pairing for this favorite fish. Add pasta or rice for a complete meal. From Nov. 2005 Cooking Light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup leek, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- cooking spray
- lemon wedge (optional)
- 1Heat butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add leek; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 3Add water and peas; cook 5 minutes or until peas are tender.
- 4Place pea mixture in a food processor.
- 5Add basil, juice, and tarragon; process until smooth, adding more water if necessary.
- 6Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; keep warm.
- 7Sprinkle salmon with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 8Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 9Coat pan with cooking spray.
- 10Add salmon, skin side down, and cook for 6 minutes or until golden.
- 11Turn, and cook for 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- 12Serve salmon over warm mashed peas. Garnish with lemon wedges, if desired.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seared Salmon on Herbed Mashed Peas
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.1
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 90.0 mg
- Sodium 495.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 37.8 g