Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Made this with Copper River Red Salmon tonight. Delicious!
Make and share this Seared Salmon on Baby Spinach recipe from Food.com.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on salmon.
- Melt 1 T butter in medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- (If you use a large skillet, you'll need to use more butter. For a better finished result, medium is preferred.) Add salmon; saute' until just opaque in the center, about four minutes per side if thick.
- Transfer salmon to a plate.
- Melt 1/2 T butter in same skillet.
- Add 1/2 the shallots and half the tarragon; saute' 30 seconds.
- Increase the heat to high; add half the spinach and toss 30 seconds.
- Add remaining spinach and toss until wilted.
- Divide the spinach between two plates.
- Melt remaining 1/2 T butter in same skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add remaining shallots and tarragon; saute' 30 seconds.
- Add wine first and then cream and boil until the sauce is thick enough to coat a spoon, about 3 minutes (or less if using larger skillet).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Return salmon to skillet; simmer 1 minute.
- Arrange salmon with sauce atop spinach.
- Serves two; can be doubled.
I have been looking for recipes that use tarragon, because I love the flavor. And this recipes is perfect! The sauce really lets the tarragon shine. Next time I will double or even triple the sauce, it's that good. I did use chopped sweet onion instead of shallot, and the onion was not overpowering at all. I will make this quite often..thanks for posting.
This was amazing! I loved the combination of tarragon and cream and shallots---simply amazing! I tripled this recipe and used it for a dinner party last night. I think next time I will make a lot more sauce--we just loved it SO much. We served with roasted asparagus. Wonderful, impressive meal definitely suitable for company!! thank you for posting!!
Scrumptious salmon! I didn't have any tarragon on hand, and subbed just a bit of basil. The flavor of the shallots added a lot to the steamed spinach and really made the sauce a stand out. I served this with a rice/mushroom/orzo side, and my hubby spooned the sauce over everything. I love salmon, and this will absolutely be a repeated recipe for us.