Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 mins
I normally bake my salmon but recently tried it this way. My family thought it was great and requested I make it this way again.
- 4 salmon fillets
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges (optional)
- Pat salmon dry and generously season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a 12 inch nonstick skillet until hot but not smoking.
- Carefully add salmon filets and sear until well browned, about 4 minutes.
- Turn salmon over and sear other side until cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
My favorite way with salmon. Only works well with high quality salmon because the flavor shines beautifully. I especially like this with lots of black pepper.
So easy and so quick and it tasted very good as well. Can't be beat when the wife's not around....