Recipe by Lene
I was fishing at my Grandma's house and caught a couple of mullets and there was a few old peppers left over in the fridge so i through some other ingredients into make the sauce and here it is !!!!!
- 4 medium red peppers
- olive oil, for brushing
- 4 unskinned filets of red mullet
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup small flat leaf parsley
red pepper dressing
- 750 g red peppers, seeded and chopped
- 85 ml sherry wine vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil, for dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- For the dressing, liquidise the red peppers until smooth.
- tip the puree into a fine meshed sieve placed over a bowl and gently shake out as much juice as possible.
- You sould be left with about 450ml of juice.
- Put this into a pan and boil until it has reduced to 25ml.
- It needs to be deep red and exceedingly concentrated.
- Meanwhile, boil the sherry vinegar until reduced to 1 tablespoon and pre-heat the grill to high.
- Grill the medium peppers, turning them, until they are black all over.
- leave to cool, then peel off the skin.
- leave the stalk on but remove the seeds by making a small cut and scrape them out with a teaspoon.
- brush with a little olive oil and season with salt.
- Stir the reduced sherry vinegar, a pinch of salt and some black pepper into the reduced pepper juice and keep warm.
- Heat a heavy based fry pan until smoking hot.
- Brush the fish fillets on both sides with lots of olive oil and season with a little salt.
- Put them in the pan, skin side down, and cook for 1 1/2 minutes, then turn over and cook for a further 1 1/2 minutes.
- Place the fillets on 4 warmed plates, spoon the red pepper juice round the fish on the plate, then put your thumb over the top of a bottle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Finish with some flakes of sea salt and ground black pepper, and garnish with the parsley sprigs.