Recipe by dicentra
Epicurious. I love greens!
Top Review by Happy Harry #2
THis was SOOOO good! Easy to make too. Only difference for me was I used garlic-infused EVOO that I prepare myself......and it is really garlicky. I do suggest making this just prior to serving because it get a bit mushy on standing, found this out when going for seconds.
- 2 bunches rainbow chard leaves or 2 bunches red and green swiss chard
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large leeks, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices (white and pale green parts only)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fine sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut stems from chard (if leaves are large, cut out coarse portions of rib), then cut stems crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Stack chard leaves and roll into cylinders. Cut cylinders crosswise to make 1-inch-thick strips of leaves.
- Heat butter and oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until foam subsides, then sauté chard stems and leeks with sea salt and pepper to taste, stirring occasionally, until slightly soft, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add chard leaves and continue to sauté, stirring frequently, until wilted. (If greens begin to brown before they wilt, sprinkle with a few drops of water.).