Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe from the Spice Goddess - Bal Arneson
Make and share this Seared Prawns With Lime With Mint and Cilantro Chutney recipe from Food.com.
- 8 large prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek leaves
- 1 teaspoon spanish paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom seed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 8 wooden skewers that have been soaked in water
Mint and Cilantro Chutney
- 2 cups mint leaves, washed
- 1 small chili pepper
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf, chopped fresh
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons tamarind juice
- Poke a skewer into each shrimp through the tail and straight through the center of it lengthwise, and set aside.
- Place a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil. When it begins to get hot, add the garlic, fenugreek, paprika, cumin seeds, and cardamom seeds, and toast well, or until garlic is golden.
- Add the shrimp skewers to the pan and cook them in the spices until done, about 3 to 4 minutes each, turning frequently. Sprinkle the prawn with lime juice and serve with the Mint and Cilantro Chutney.
- To make the chutney:.
- Place the mint leaves, chile pepper, red onion, cilantro leaves, garam masala, salt, water, and tamarind water in a food processor and process until smooth, like the consistency of pesto. Put into a serving bowl and serve with the Seared Prawns.
I wasn't able to find any prawns this week, so I used large shrimp. The chutney really packs some heat, depending on what chile you use. It is so good with the mint