Prep 7 mins
Cook 23 mins
This 30 minute supper is perfect for a quick and easily-prepared good comfort food meal. To save time, purchase sliced mushrooms in the produce section. Serve with mashed potatoes and green peas. And, don't forget the biscuits!
- 4 center-cut pork chops, 3/4 to 1 inch thick
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lb white mushroom, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour (or Wondra)
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Pat chops dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking.
- Cook chops until well browned and meat registers 145 degrees, about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer to plate and tent with foil.
- In now-empty skillet, cook butter, mushrooms, onion and 1/4 teaspoon salt, covered, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over mushrooms and stir to coat.
- Slowly stir in broth, thyme and any accumulated pork juices and simmer until gravy has thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Off heat, stir in mustard and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over chops and in dented mashed potatoes.