Recipe by lazyme
A simple entree from Diabetic Gourmet. We hope to try this soon.
Top Review by smmcleod
This recipe cooks the pork chops WAY too long! Our pork chops were tough and dry - yuck. Omit steps 5 and 6 and add the sun-dried tomatoes and basil in step 4. Pork chops do not have to be cooked for over 35 mins! This may have been better if baked in the oven.
- 4 center-cut pork chops, lean, 2 1/2 pounds
- 2 tablespoons basil, fresh, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim and discard excess fat from chops.
- In a large frying pan, sear the chops.
- When the chops are browned on the outside, add the juice, water, hot sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Cover tightly and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of fresh basil, and continue to cook for 8 minutes.
- Add remaining basil and cook for 3 more minutes.
- To serve, arrange the pork on a plate, and spoon some of the tomatoes and basil over it.
- NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION per serving: 234 calories; 3g carbohydrates; 23g protein; 13g fat; 187mg sodium; 81mg cholesterol.
- Diabetic Exchanges: 3 Medium-Fat; 1 Vegetable.