Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This yummy recipe is easy enough for week nights and still good enough for company. How can you lose? This is from Chatelaine magazine.
- 4 pork loin chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 2.46 ml salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 226.79 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 118.29 ml apple juice
- 59.14 ml cream (35%)
- 59.14 ml snipped chives
- Heat a large skillet over med-high heat. Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper. Add oil, then chops to pan. Cook until golden, about 4 mins per side. Remove to a plate.
- Add onion, garlic and mushrooms to the pan. Cook until soft, about 3 minutes Add juice and simmer until absorbed, 6-8 minutes Add the cream. Cook until slightly thickened, about 1 minute
- Stir in the chives and return the chops with any juices on the plate to the pan and heat through.
Very easy way to "fancy" up pork chops. And tastes delicious. I used apple cider rather than juice. Love the flavor of apples and pork together. I think some chopped, fresh sage would also be good instead of the chives, or added with them.
Yum. This was really simple and very good. I did make a little more sauce than called for because we love it - and this sauce was delish. Thanks for sharing this great keeper, Annacia. Made for Went To The Market Tag.