Recipe by Annacia
This yummy recipe is easy enough for week nights and still good enough for company. How can you lose? This is from Chatelaine magazine.
Top Review by Outta Here
Very easy way to "fancy" up pork chops. And tastes delicious. I used apple cider rather than juice. Love the flavor of apples and pork together. I think some chopped, fresh sage would also be good instead of the chives, or added with them.
- 4 pork loin chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup cream (35%)
- 1⁄4 cup snipped chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large skillet over med-high heat. Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper. Add oil, then chops to pan. Cook until golden, about 4 mins per side. Remove to a plate.
- Add onion, garlic and mushrooms to the pan. Cook until soft, about 3 minutes Add juice and simmer until absorbed, 6-8 minutes Add the cream. Cook until slightly thickened, about 1 minute
- Stir in the chives and return the chops with any juices on the plate to the pan and heat through.