Recipe by cuteandbublee
this was created for rsc #11 its really easy to make dont let the ingredients scare you !
Top Review by Bergy
This recipe would have received a higher rating if the instructions were a little clearer. I will rewrite this review on hearing from the submitting chegf I was not sure if the intention was a hot dish or as a type of salad. I made it hot and it was delicious. I didn't know what to do with the prawns so I decorated with them. 1/4 cup of cayenne (pepper flakes) seemed a lot so I cut back. This recipe has excellent potential just needs a few points cleared up. It was a pleasure trying it 11March08The steps have been clarified and I rated the recipe one star higher to a 4 star. Very tasty recipe looks attractive and easy to make Thanks cuteandbubly I hope you get a lot of reviews I know they will be favorable
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, and
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, seperated
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter (if in a hurry regular will do )
- pepper (no salt is needed if using feta cheese as well in this dish )
- 8 shallots (minced)
- 8 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese, and additional (to garnish)
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley (fresh)
- 1 lb spinach
- 2 lemons (cut into wedges 6-8 per lemon)
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup cayenne pepper (red pepper flakes)
- 3 -6 shrimp, peeled & deveined per person (cooked )
- 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese (sprinkled or tossed with pasta )
Directions See How It's Made
- for pasta.
- boil till al dente. drain in colander. add up to 3 tbsp olive oil to pasta to keep from sticking. set aside in an ice bath ( pasta in a bowl and bowl with ice water underneath ) in a large saute pan over medium heat add butter drop in penne, pepper and salt if not using feta cheese. shake around till you can see a a golden brown color on at least one side. add shallots.( till seared ).
- for spinach or other desired leafy green vegetables.
- add garlic and saute 2 minutes. add feta and spinach. ( the dish is delicious with just salt and pepper if you are not keen to feta. you can also use any readily available lefy green vegetable ).
- last steps::.
- now add pasta and spinach mixture together in a large and mix ( you may add asiago cheese now, add it by spinkling and combining till the right texture ).
- squeese one wedge of lemon atop each plate,also top with feta,pine nuts, red peper flakes, more asiago cheese and 3-6 shrimp.