Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
this was so quick i had dinner on in less than half an hour! from bon appetit, i served this over jasmati rice.
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sea scallops
- 2 teaspoons ground pepper, blend
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- heat 3 tbsp oil in a large skillet.
- sprinkle scallops with pepper and salt.
- saute until brown about 2 minutes per side.
- transfer to a plate.
- add garlic and remaining oil to skillet, stir for 1 minute.
- add oj, soy and orange zest to skillet, stirring until sauce boils and thickens, about 2-3 minutes.
- pour sauce over scallops and serve.
These were good the flavor of the orange went nicely with the delicate flavor of the scallops.I added fresh ginger with the garlic.
Very Very tastey!! We love scallops and this was a nice different recipe to add to my scallop list. I used a nice fresh huge naval orange, both the juice and the zest. Scaled the recipe for 2 and doubled the garlic. We were surprized at how well the orange flavour went with the scallops. Will certainly make these again, thanks for sharing.
Delicious! I scaled down the recipe for two, added extra garlic and since I'm on a low-sodium diet didn't use the extra salt...the soy sauce was salty enough. My husband loved it. Definitely a keeper, a very easy, fast, tasty recipe. This is going in my Cookbook and will be made often. Thanks.