From 'A Taste of Aloha' Cookbook - Another Pan-Asian fusion recipe that sounds delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 28 ounces mahi mahi fillets
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups sesame seeds
- 5 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Season each fish fillet with salt and pepper and set aside.
- 2Mix the sesame seeds and garlic into the softened butter, adding salt and pepper to taste. Spread top of the fish fillets with the mixture to form a 1/4-inch crust.
- 3Pout the olive oil into a heated wok or nonstick skillet. When the oil is hot, sear each fillet on both sides and top and bottom. Be careful not to overcook the fish. When cooked, in about 1 minute, transfer to a warm plate and garnish with basil. Serve with Asparagus Relish.
- 4Asparagus Relish:.
- 5Combine asparagus, garlic, ginger, tomato, bell pepper, salt and pepper and Black Sesame Dressing in a medium mixing bowl, stirring well. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Browse Our Top Mahi Mahi Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mahi Mahi Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seared Mahi-Mahi With a Garlic-Sesame Crust and Asparagus Relish
Serving Size: 1 (523 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1086.4
- Calories from Fat 804
- Total Fat 89.4 g
- Saturated Fat 24.0 g
- Cholesterol 205.7 mg
- Sodium 812.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 51.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: