Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
From 'A Taste of Aloha' Cookbook - Another Pan-Asian fusion recipe that sounds delicious.
Make and share this Seared Mahi-Mahi With a Garlic-Sesame Crust and Asparagus Relish recipe from Food.com.
- 28 ounces mahi mahi fillets
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups sesame seeds
- 5 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 24 pencil-thin asparagus spears, steamed
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 4 teaspoons chopped pickled ginger
- 1 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cleaned and diced
- fresh ground white pepper
- 1 cup black sesame dressing
- 4 basil sprigs, for garnish
- Season each fish fillet with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Mix the sesame seeds and garlic into the softened butter, adding salt and pepper to taste. Spread top of the fish fillets with the mixture to form a 1/4-inch crust.
- Pout the olive oil into a heated wok or nonstick skillet. When the oil is hot, sear each fillet on both sides and top and bottom. Be careful not to overcook the fish. When cooked, in about 1 minute, transfer to a warm plate and garnish with basil. Serve with Asparagus Relish.
- Asparagus Relish:.
- Combine asparagus, garlic, ginger, tomato, bell pepper, salt and pepper and Black Sesame Dressing in a medium mixing bowl, stirring well. Refrigerate until ready to use.
this was a hard recipe to cook and follow it was alott of work for very little to no pay off I will definately not make this again
Mahi Mahi portion only. Very tasty. Only problem is getting the sesame mixture evenly on the fish and getting it to stay on.
Of all the online recipes I have tried recently, this was the WORST. Something is missing.