Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
Very quick and simple idea for Halloumi. Serves very well with a herb salad or salad of bitter leaves such as radichio and rocket.
Top Review by UmmBinat
This is so good over baby arugula leaves but I had so much trouble not having the cheese stick to the pan. I don't have a new non-stick pan so that may be the reason but I always make haloomi cooked in olive oil and have no problems. Make sure to serve this immediately or the cheese hardens! I had two pans that had hard stuck on cheese to scrub. I won't make this again unless I get a new pan.
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the halloumi into 5mm slices and place in a dish or tray in a single layer.
- Mix lemon juice and honey and pour over the cheese.
- Turn the cheese slices to coat evenly and leave to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat up a pan and when ready to serve the meal place the cheese in until golden brown, turn and pour in any remaining marinade.
- Serve immediately with your choice of salad.