Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very quick and simple idea for Halloumi. Serves very well with a herb salad or salad of bitter leaves such as radichio and rocket.
- Cut the halloumi into 5mm slices and place in a dish or tray in a single layer.
- Mix lemon juice and honey and pour over the cheese.
- Turn the cheese slices to coat evenly and leave to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat up a pan and when ready to serve the meal place the cheese in until golden brown, turn and pour in any remaining marinade.
- Serve immediately with your choice of salad.
This is so good over baby arugula leaves but I had so much trouble not having the cheese stick to the pan. I don't have a new non-stick pan so that may be the reason but I always make haloomi cooked in olive oil and have no problems. Make sure to serve this immediately or the cheese hardens! I had two pans that had hard stuck on cheese to scrub. I won't make this again unless I get a new pan.
excellent! i really enjoyed this simple dish, the one mistake i made was to have the heat to low at first for a quick browning, next time it will look prettier lol. made for best of 2009 tag
I enjoyed this so much. I love Halloumi and have yet to try a recipe that I haven't liked. This recipe is wonderful. The cheese has a nice subtle salty, lemon, honey flavor to it. I served the halloumi on top of toasted mini bagels and poured the marinade overtop. It was excellent. Thanks so much for sharing.