Recipe by Carolyn Jay
A tasty, lemony, low fat dish. Needs to be marinated for 30 minutes. Accompany with rice and a green vegetable.
Top Review by SashasMommy
We cooked this on the grill... it smelled really good when it was marinating, but the end result didn't have as much flavor as we had hoped for. My husband accidentally threw out the marinade, so maybe if we had used that it would have been more flavorful. Though I'm a little worried about the instructions for the marinade... it looks like you're supposed to put the leftover marinade on without cooking it (after it's been on raw chicken.) That sounds scary... I would boil it first.
- 4 (100 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled & crushed
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 2 tablespoons basil
- 1 lemon, zest of, plus
- 1 lemon, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chicken breasts side by side in a shallow dish. Mix together the lemon juice, garlic, honey, balsamic vinegar, 1 tbsp olive oil & 1 tbsp chopped parsley and pour over the chicken. Turn the breasts over until well coated. Leave in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Brush a non stick griddle pan with the remaining oil and heat until very hot. Lift the chicken breasts from the dish (reserve the marinade) and add them to the pan.
- Sear quickly for 1-2 minutes on each side until the chicken browns, lower the heat and cook for about 10 minutes or until the chicken is done, turning the breasts over once or twice.
- Pour the reserved marinade over the chicken, remove from the pan and arrange on serving plates. Grate over the lemon zest and scatter with the rest of the parsley. Cut the lemon into wedges and serve with the chicken.