1/3 Photos of Seared Lamb Chops With a Goat Cheese White Wine Reduction
Cheese Please's Note:
If there is any recipe you must make at least once, this is one of them!! I found this recipe while perusing Whole Food’s recipe data base. This such a easy and delightful meal, it would be excellent as a weekend dinner for two, but equally wonderful served at an elegant dinner party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 pieces of lean lamb chops, about 1-inch thick (either a loin chop aka English style, the T-bone of chops, or French style, also known as loli-pops)
- 2 teaspoons of finely chopped rosemary
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1Pre-heat oven to broil.
- 2Next chop fresh rosemary and line up the rest of your ingredients.
- 3Heat a cast iron skillet on high heat. You will know when the skillet is ready by flicking a tiny bit of water on the pan, if it sizzles, it is ready!
- 4Pat each side of the meat with a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- 5Add sea salt to one side of the lamb, and place salt side down into the skillet.
- 6Sear chops for 2-3 minutes and then flip, adding pepper to the other side.
- 7Sear other side for 2 minutes.
- 8Sprinkle chopped rosemary onto chops and transfer the entire skillet to the broiler. Broil about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove skillet from oven and relocate lamp chops to another dish.
- 9In the now empty cast iron skillet, add white wine (you will want to use a crisp white, such as a Sauvignon Blanc). Stir and scrape the brown bits off the bottom of the skillet. Add the chicken broth and one sprig of rosemary. Let simmer at a low boil, till reduced by 1/3.
- 10Remove and discard the rosemary. Swirl in the goat cheese to create a creamy sauce.
- 11Place the lamb chops on a plate and drizzle with the reduction sauce. Serve immediately while sauce is liquified (it liquifies fast). Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seared Lamb Chops With a Goat Cheese White Wine Reduction
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 73.9
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 11.6 mg
- Sodium 386.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: