Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Cooking Light 2005
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 1 cup finely chopped rhubarb
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 star anise
- 1⁄2 cup ginger preserves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 (12 ounce) packagesboneless whole duck breasts, thawed, skinned, and cut in half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until reduced to 1 cup (about 18 minutes).
- Stir in preserves and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook 1 minute. Strain wine mixture through a sieve over a bowl. Discard solids.
- Sprinkle duck with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add duck; cook 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Cut duck diagonally across the grain into thin slices; serve with sauce.