I found this on a German web site and it looks to die for!!! I am posting this for Zaar World Tour
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (6 ounce) fresh chilean sea bass fillets
- 1 fresh lobster tail
- 1 teaspoon ginger, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 ounces onions, chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 6 slices smoked bacon, diced
- 6 ounces chicken stock
- 3 sprigs thyme, stems removed
- 16 pieces asparagus
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 4 idaho potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 ounces butter
- 3 ounces milk
- 2 teaspoons chives, chopped
- 1Over medium heat cook the bacon until crisp and remove the bacon.
- 2In the bacon fat sweat the chopped onions, garlic and ginger until soft.
- 3Add tomatoes and cook ten more minutes, add thyme leaves and chicken stock, simmer five minutes.
- 4Season with salt and pepper, place in blender, puree until smooth then pass through a fine sieve.
- 5Finish with one-ounce butter and adjust seasoning.
- 6Cook sliced onions over medium heat in oil until light brown. Boil potatoes and puree when soft. Add milk and 3 oz. butter to potatoes, stir in the caramelized onion, season with salt and pepper.
- 7Blanch asparagus and season.
- 8Season sea bass, place in hot sauté pan with a little oil and cook until golden brown on each side.
- 9Cooking times will vary depending on thickness of fish. Fish should be just done in center.
- 10Remove lobster meat from shell, season and cook in same pan until cooked through. Remove and slice into four pieces.
- 11In large soup bowl place a spoonful of potatoes in center, arrange four asparagus around the potatoes, place a piece of sea bass on the potatoes and a lobster medallion on the sea bass. Spoon tomato broth around the potatoes and then sprinkle fish and lobster with crisp bacon and chopped chives.
Browse Our Top Bass Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seared Chilean Sea Bass and Lobster With Thyme Scented Tomato
Serving Size: 1 (897 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 724.8
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 148.9 mg
- Sodium 683.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 49.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: