Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This came from Fresh Market. Once a week they have cooking presentations that they do and you get to sample what they cooked. This one Sat. was this and it was so delicious. Putting recipe here so I don't lose it. The wine that they used was called Diseno Malbec but I am sure any red would work. For the chutney they used the brand Virginia Chutney Company. Serve over garlic mashed potatoes or wild rice.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 boneless chicken thighs
- 2 shallots (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 cup chutney (Spicy Plum)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Heat a saute pan over medium high heat for 2 minutes or until very hot. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil to heated pan and swirl around to coat. Sear chicken for 2 to 4 minutes per side. Move around so they don't stick to pan.
- Remove chicken from pan and put on clean plate and set aside. Add chopped shallots to pan and saute for 2 minutes until barely translucent.
- Remove pan from heat and add wine and scrape up bottom of pan.
- Turn heat to low and return pan to heat. Add chutney and chicken stock stirring to mix. Return chicken and any dripping on plate and allow chicken to finish cooking through. (About 7 minutes).
- Serve immediately.
This is absolutely fabulous! As an added bonus, it is quick and easy. The chicken turns out wonderfully moist and with great flavor. Photos will be uploaded later! Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe!