Recipe by Vino Girl
From Cooking Light, September 2007. This serves 16 as an appetizer but would also work as a main course for a smaller group.
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups trimmed watercress (about 1 bunch)
- 1 (8 ounce) French baguettes, cut diagonally into 16 slices
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1⁄2 cup shaved fresh parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 4 ingredients, stirring well with a whisk. Cover and chill.
- Secure beef at 2-inch intervals with twine. Sprinkle beef with pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add beef to pan; cook 15 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning frequently.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Cut into 16 slices.
- Sprinkle with juice.
- Arrange watercress evenly on bread slices.
- Place 1 beef slice and about 1 tablespoon chilled sauce over each bread slice.
- Arrange capers and cheese evenly over sauce.