Recipe by LMillerRN
From Cuisine at Home. This is so easy and delicious you may never eat out again. Serve with Bearnaise Sauce and Boursin Creamed Spinach, per the article. Both recipes are posted here.
- 6 lbs whole beef tenderloin, cut into 2 inch thick filets, this should make 6-8 steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 with a rack in the center.
- Trim the tenderloin and cut into filets; season with salt and pepper.
- Heat an ovenprood pan over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Sear filets in oil on one side for 4-5 minutes. Turn the over, place in the pan
- in the oven and roast to desired doneness.
- Allow filets to rest 5 minutes before serving.
- Doneness Chart.
- Rare: Sear for 5 minutes, Roast for 5 minutes, and Rest for for 5 minutes.
- Medium Rare: Sear for 5 minutes, Roast for 7 minutes, and Rest for 5 minutes.
- Medium: Sear for 5 minutes, Roast for 9 minutes, Rest for 5 minutes.