Recipe by Zeke Koch
This is one of my favorite party dishes
Top Review by JenSmith
Made these for dinner a couple of days ago. I wanted to use up the tomatoes from our garden before they could get the chance to go bad. This was a very easy recipe, and my family just loved it. It sure beats trying to can tomatoes in 100-degree weather!
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large cast-iron skillet head the oil over moderately high heat.
- When the oil is hot, place as many tomatoes as will comfortably fit face-down in a skillet.
- Sear for 5-6 minutes without moving the tomatoes, until bottom is dark and caramelized.
- Then, transfer them (cooked side up) to a baking dish.
- Continue until all the tomatoes are cooked, then pour the cooking juices over them, top with salt and fresh thyme and bake for 30 minutes.