Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a wonderful fusion dish that seems advanced and complicated but is SO easy to make (and sure to impress)! Please use the highest quality, sushi-grade ahi tuna for best results. Also, I have made this using a Thai chili or a Serrano chili-- both are great, so it is whatever you prefer. The creamy, beautiful taste and texture of the tuna is complimented so well by the heat from the chili and the savory combination of Mexican and Asian flavors-- it is amazing. If you are a fan of Ahi tuna, I guarantee that this will be one of your favorite recipes! Serve it with some fresh homemade margaritas... or some chilled sake-- whatever you prefer! Enjoy!
For the fish
- 226.79 g fresh sushi grade ahi tuna steak
- teriyaki marinade (such as Kikkomans)
For the Salsa
- 226.79 g packagegood quality pico de gallo (usually found in the produce section at the grocery store)
- 4.92 ml teriyaki marinade
- 9.85 ml soy sauce
- 0.25 ml of dry ginger
- 1 lime, juice of, -1
- 59.14 ml cilantro
- 1 Thai chile, minced
- Place tuna steak in a shallow dish with the terryaki marinade and allow to marinate for about 10 minutes on each side.
- In the meantime, mix the pico de gallo, terryaki, soy, ginger, lime, cilantro and chili in a small mixing bowl, and set aside.
- Place a grill pan on the stove and preheat on high. Spray with nonstick cooking spray and sear the Ahi steak, about 1 minute on each side.
- Spread the pico de gallo across a serving dish, and thinly slice the Ahi Tuna, placing it over the salsa. Garnish with cilantro sprig and lime wedges, if desired.