Recipe by springsoaker
Asian inspired marinade. I have served it with Asian Cabbage Slaw (#64032) both as a main dish and an appetizer. Make a partial recipe of the slaw recipe and use as garnish with sliced tuna drizzled with soy sauce.
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce (for dipping sauce)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon wasabi (more or less to taste)
- 1 (4 -6 ounce) fresh ahi tuna, filet
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Start with small amount of wasabi, add just enough soy sauce to help dissolve wasabi.
- Add remaining soy sauce and ginger root.
- Mix well, marinade Ahi tuna.
- coat both sides with seasame seeds.
- pan sear to desired doneness.
- Dipping sauce:.
- mix soy sauce and wasabi for a quick and easy dipping sauce. Options to wasabi: siracha chili sauce or some of the fresh ginger root. Be creative and try different combinations.