Prep 3 mins
Cook 3 mins
I've had this dish at many different restaurants. Almost all had done a great job at the preparation as its an easy meal to make. Garlic mashed potatoes really complete this dish.
- 29.58 ml butter
- 9.85 ml cajun seasoning
- 226.79 g tuna steaks
- 0.5 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper (optional)
- Melt the butter in a bowl or plate large enough to hold the tuna steak Place tuna steak in bowl, coating both sides with butter Sprinkle half of cajun seasoning on each side of steak For an extra spicy treat, add black pepper.
- I recommend cooking this outdoors on your grill.
- Cooking indoors will generate excessive smoke.
- Heat your grill to the highest possible temperature Turn off burners (to avoid flame up) then immediately add steak Cook for 2 minutes on first side Flip and cook on other side for 1 minute.
- (The steak will be very pink inside - yum!) Remove and serve immediately as it will cool quickly.
- I recommend serving over garlic mashed potatoes with either wasabi mustard or wasabi mustard/mayo mix.
This was amazing, soft as butter and delicious. I served it to some close friends and it was a hit!
Ok, I'm going to have to try this again. First of all I used too much cajun seasoning. Secondly I used one of those "fish baskets" for the grill...you know the thing I'm talking about? Anyway, it didn't cook properly. I'll try it again. :-)
Delicious! I would have given it five stars, but the butter is unnecessary. I made it without butter, just sear on a hot grill and spice it up with cajun spice. Ahi as nature intended it. Butter adds unnecessary calories and fats.