1/1 Photo of Seared Ahi (BBQ Tuna Steaks)
I've had this dish at many different restaurants. Almost all had done a great job at the preparation as its an easy meal to make. Garlic mashed potatoes really complete this dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a bowl or plate large enough to hold the tuna steak Place tuna steak in bowl, coating both sides with butter Sprinkle half of cajun seasoning on each side of steak For an extra spicy treat, add black pepper.
- 2I recommend cooking this outdoors on your grill.
- 3Cooking indoors will generate excessive smoke.
- 4Heat your grill to the highest possible temperature Turn off burners (to avoid flame up) then immediately add steak Cook for 2 minutes on first side Flip and cook on other side for 1 minute.
- 5(The steak will be very pink inside - yum!) Remove and serve immediately as it will cool quickly.
- 6I recommend serving over garlic mashed potatoes with either wasabi mustard or wasabi mustard/mayo mix.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seared Ahi (BBQ Tuna Steaks)
Serving Size: 1 (457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 530.2
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 147.2 mg
- Sodium 562.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 53.1 g