1/15 Photos of Sear, Braise and Glaze Boneless Ribs
2 hrs 30 mins
This is taking a winter comfort foods using the oven outdoors. This method of cooking brings braising to a whole nother level. Potatoes can be added.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs beef chuck boneless short ribs
- 1/4 cup dry rub seasonings, of choice (I used Jamaican Jerk Seasoning)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, rough chopped
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 celery, rough chopped
- 1 carrot, rough chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, wiped clean
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup hot beef broth
- 1 -2 cup guinness beer
- 3 sprigs fresh herbs, like thyme, oregano, lovage, parsley, bay leaf
- 2Generously season the meat with the dry rub. Place in a ziplock bag and refrigerate over night.
- 4Seared on searing element but you can sear over Medium high direct heat. Just to brown, char, mark the meat. Remove to plate, set aside.
- 6In a prepared pot over direct heat. I used my trusty cast iron Dutch oven.
- 7Pour olive oil or fat of your choice. When hot add mushrooms carrots, onions, celery, of course garlic, and paste.
- 8Yes you can use any aromatic vegetables of choice. fennel would be a good choice. You can add potatoes, turnips, parsnips, or celery root for a complete meal. Stir all together.
- 9Cook for 5 minutes.
- 10I then added hot beef broth bring it to a boil. Then place the ribs in the veggies nice a comfy.
- 11Move to indirect heat.
- 12Topped with herbs.
- 13Pour in more broth or Guinness just to come to top rim of meat to braise.
- 14Cover pot with lid, close grill.
- 15Cooking till tender about 1 1/2-2 hours.
- 16Transfer the ribs to a plate. At this point you can strain liquid and let sit to remove fat. My ribs were lean so I didn`t.
- 18Removed 1/8 cup braising liquid place into a bowl add and stir in glazing ingriednts. Adding more of the braising liquid if needed to make spreadable.
- 19Remove meat from pot and place on direct heat.
- 20Brush the mixture thinly on the ribs over medium direct heat. About 3 minutes adding more glaze then flip for 3 more minutes. Till sweet, shiny and dark.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sear, Braise and Glaze Boneless Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 647.2
- Calories from Fat 491
- Total Fat 54.5 g
- Saturated Fat 22.9 g
- Cholesterol 109.0 mg
- Sodium 335.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 22.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry rub seasonings