Prep 3 hrs
Cook 10 mins
This is a great rub that I made, and goes great with pork (prefect for pork chops.) This isn't a traditional rub (paste) as the water in the rub helps brine the meat as well, giving you moist juice meat. Be sure to let the rub soak in for at least 3-4 hours, better if left over night.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- Combine all ingredients in a plastic bag (a sandwich bag works great,) work into a paste.
- Put your meat in the bag and work the rub/paste into the meat.
- Place into the frig to sit for 3-24 hours.
- Grill over medium heat (be careful when grilling, as the sugar will burn with time and heat.) I sear both sides without burning the sugar and then finish the grilling over medium to medium low heat.
DH easily threw this together. I love anything cooked by someone else and then add a glass of wine. Fill 'er up darlin'.